Age Range: 9 — 14 years
CRICKET Magazine, our flagship publication, is the world leader in providing the highest-quality fiction and nonfiction to children ages 9 to 14. Since its premiere in 1973, CRICKET has delighted and entertained generations of kids with contemporary stories and classic literature from the world’s best writers, paired with illustrations so beautiful they take your breath away. Having won more awards than any other children’s magazine, CRICKET delivers storytelling to young readers in its purest form.
Enjoy cool adventures with ancient Viking runes, lost dragons, mysterious letters, Norse legends, and spies.
Parents’ Choice Gold Award: 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008
Parents’ Choice Silver Award: 2010
The International Reading Association Paul Witty Short Story Award: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2009, 2007, 2006, 2004, 2003, 1997, 1993, 1992, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1988
Education.com A+ Award: 2007
Every Child Deserves to Grow Up Cricket!
For more than 40 years, CRICKET magazine for children has delighted and entertained people of all ages with the “best of the best” in children’s literature. Founded on the belief that children naturally explore their world through the lens of imagination, CRICKET has always stayed true to its guiding principal: the belief that imaginative young readers will respond enthusiastically to wonderful stories accompanied by world-class illustrations, building a lifelong love of great literature and beautiful art that will stay with them throughout their lives.
Every issue of CRICKET magazine offers a captivating collection of contemporary and historical fiction, fantasy, true adventure, history, myths and legends, poems, puzzles, crafts and humor. Our beloved “bug” friends live in the margins of the magazine, providing readers with an extra dose of humor and just a bit of assistance in deciphering difficult words and concepts, ensuring kids of all reading levels get the most out of the story. Delight your entire family with the best literary magazine for children and teens.
CRICKET Magazine is delivered 9 times per year by mail and digitally and features:
- Advertising-free poetry, fiction, and nonfiction stories paired with beautiful illustrations written and illustrated by some of the world’s best authors and artists.
- A signature cast of rambunctious bug characters who offer humorous commentary, seamlessly teaching vocabulary and introducing advanced concepts within the course of each issue.
- High-quality content that has generated more awards than any other children’s magazine, including Parents’ Choice Gold Awards for the past 5 years in a row and the International Reading Association Paul Witty Short Story Award in 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2009, 2007, 2006, 2004, 2003, 1997, 1993, 1992, 1991, 1990, 1989, and 1988.
- Words of wisdom from Old Cricket, the Letterbox, Cricket Country, and activities such as Ugly Bird’s Crossbird Puzzle.
- An online writers’ forum for CRICKET readers that allows young writers to showcase their work and write collaborative stories with other likeminded kids through the country, found at www.cricketmag.com.